We are always looking to add fun, energetic, and hardworking individuals to our team! We pride ourselves on delivering top notch dental care in a warm and welcoming environment. Our Hygiene team plays a large role in building personal relationships and maintaining our patients overall oral health. Listed below are the specific duties and requirements for the position:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
• Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
• Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
• Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
• Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• High School Diploma
• Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene (Bachelor’s preferred)
• Current state license
• 3+ years of experience as a Dental Hygienist
• Current CPR certification
• Must be able to adapt easily, flexible to work overtime or weekends, and work in a fast-paced environment efficiently
• Must be able to work with all ages of patients ranging from 3 years old and up
• Basic computer knowledge and understanding of HIPPAA privacy regulations
• Excellent communication skills
• 401k after 1 year and matched at 4%
• Paid vacation time (1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years)
• 7 Paid holidays off (after 90 days)
• Dental benefits (after 90 days for you and your immediate family)
• Monthly Bonus based on performance
If you think you are the right fit for this position, please e-mail us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Hygienist.