We are always looking to add fun, energetic, and hardworking individuals to our team! We pride ourselves on delivering top notch dental care in a warm and welcoming environment. Our dental assistant team plays a large role in building personal relationships and helping maintain our patients overall oral health. Listed below are the specific duties and requirements for the position:
• Responsible for welcoming, comforting, seating, and preparing patient for specified dental treatment.
• Communicate information effectively to patients and employees by answering questions, requests, and addressing concerns.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• High School Diploma
• Degree or Certificate in Dental Assisting
• Customer service or patient relations experience desired
• Must be able to work with all ages of patients ranging from 3 years old and up
• Must be able to adapt easily and work in a fast-paced environment efficiently (capable of working 2 columns with 1 Doctor)
• Current CPR certification
• Basic computer knowledge and understanding of HIPPAA privacy regulations
• Excellent communication skills
• 401k after 1 year and matched at 4%
• Paid vacation time (1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years)
• 7 Paid holidays off (after 90 days)
• Dental benefits (after 90 days for you and your immediate family)
• Monthly Bonus based on performance
If you think you are the right fit for this position, please e-mail us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Dental Assistant.