Cavities can darken the brightest of smiles. Did you know, cavities when left untreated, can lead to serious oral health problems like tooth loss, gum disease, and even bone loss? Yes, it’s true! Cavities can start off small but can grow into a host of problems when neglected. That is why treating your cavities as soon as possible can help you with your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Michael R. Wiesner, is happy to help you with your oral health concerns. To help you understand more about cavities, our team at A Brighter Smile Dental Care in Shreveport, Louisiana, is here to share some sad news and facts on them.
Here is a list of intel on cavities and how they can damage your smile:
– Tooth discomfort: A heightened sense of discomfort and sensitivity may often be present when one appears.
– Erosion: Minimizing the risks associated with them can include stopping erosion before it can continue any further.
– Infection: They can produce oral health risks such as infections within the tooth and surrounding areas.
– Tooth loss: A failure to properly treat a cavity can lead to tooth loss.
– Future risks: Future risks can continue to develop if they are not treated in time.
– Pulp death: Bacteria that seeps through a cavity and into the pulp of a tooth could cause pulp death.
If you are interested in a dental checkup, or if you need your cavities looked at, please call us today at (318) 688-9330 to make an appointment. Our dental team is always happy to help you and your smile stay healthy for years to come.